01 02 03 113 things to say: Simple & Fruity Summer Salad 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Simple & Fruity Summer Salad

34



The thing I love most about summer are the evenings - when the heat has disappeared and it's still nice and warm outside. And honestly, what is better than a summer picnic or a barbecue with friends? Not much. I always find myself wondering what kind of food to bring to these occasions - I want it to be something light, simple and yet something special. I feel like this fruit salad definitely is all of that - it tastes delicious, it is healthy and fruity and the best thing is that you don't have to spend hours in the kitchen as it's super simple to make! So here is my recipe for a fruity summer salad, enjoy. x 


Ingredients 

250 g noodles
250 g pineapples
300 g cherry tomatoes
50 g pine nuts
4 peaches 
( mozzarella) 

For the dressing: 

6 table spoons olive oil
half a lemon 
half an orange
soy sauce 
vinegar
salt, pepper
herbs ( basil & parsley)




1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and allow them to cool off. You can pretty much take any kind of pasta for this recipe even though I would recommend using penne, fusilli or farfalle. I bought a mix of red, green and plain fusilli because I love the way they taste and because it adds a great touch of colour to the salad. 




2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and prepare the fruits - I prefer to use fresh ones but if you're lacking time you can also buy tinned fruits instead. 

3. Now put the pasta, the fruits and the cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Add the pine nuts (and the mozzarella). Then prepare the dressing (which I didn't take a picture of as it didn't look that nice haha). Mix the olive oil with a dash of vinegar, then squeeze out half a lemon and half an orange (or more, however you like your salad). Add a splash of soy sauce and some salt and pepper before pouring the dressing over the salad. Don't forget to stir. Before serving the salad you can decorate it with herbs of your choice - parsley, basil or chives taste great with it!  




This is all you need to do in order to get a delicious and fruity summer salad! I really love this recipe, I originally got it from my nan but I changed some ingredients to get more fresh fruits and a salad that just tastes like summer! You can also add cheese to the salad, especially mozzarella goes very well with it. I just left it like that because not all people in my family are cheese lovers. I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I think it's perfect for a picnic outside or for a barbecue on a warm summer evening. 


Related:

My nan's chocolate cake -
http://113-things-to-say.blogspot.de/2014/09/my-nans-chocolate-cake.html

What do you like to bring to a picnic? Leave a comment below. x 

Love,
Mira







Labels:

35 36 37 38