01 02 03 113 things to say: Day Trip | San Francisco 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Day Trip | San Francisco

34

Visiting San Francisco has been on my bucket list since forever and this weekend I finally had the chance to go. I got up early, took the ferry from Vallejo - which was an amazing experience itself - and finally arrived at the harbour of San Francisco. Needless to say, the city turned out to be one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. I just really enjoyed the atmosphere, the different parts of the city, the beautiful Waterfront and the diversity of the people. After arriving I decided to walk from the Ferry Building to Pier 39, it was a beautiful walk even though I had completely underestimated the distance - it looked really close on the map, trust me. Pier 39 turned out to be a really magical place where you can buy souvenirs, clothes, jewellery and food - a lot of it. There was a place called Chocolate Heaven and yes, it is as good as it sounds. After having lunch - which I didn't take a picture of, I strongly doubt that you'd like to see what I got at McDonald's - I took the cable car down to Market Street and walked all the way up to Union Square. As you can probably guess, I did some shopping. There are plenty of amazing shops on Market Street, a lot of them are located at Westfield Shopping Center, a pretty fancy looking mall that is definitely worth a visit. After going shopping (which might have taken a bit longer than expected) I decided to walk to China Town and I really enjoyed this part of the city, it is full of Chinese restaurants, shops and grocery stores. Walking through San Francisco was definitely a great way of exploring the city, even though 10 hours of walking up and down the hills felt like a full body work out - in a beautiful scenery. San Francisco has a lot of hills and I love that - it makes the city appear a lot more interesting. Even though I managed to see quite a lot I'l definitely spend more time in San Francisco - I can't leave without seeing the Golden Gate Bridge up close, can I? And I'd love to explore more parts of the city that offers so many different opportunities. All in all, I have to say that I've fallen in love with San Francisco and that I can't wait to go back. 

I hope you all had a great weekend! What is the most beautiful city you've ever visited?
Leave a comment below. x 

Love,

Mira



















Labels:

35 36 37 38