01 02 03 113 things to say: A trip down Memory Lane 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A trip down Memory Lane

34
I can't believe that this is my 100th blog post already! Time has gone by so fast and I can still remember writing the first blog post very clearly which was a July Favourites post if any of you are wondering. 99 posts later I'm still sitting here in my bed drinking a cup of vanilla tea and rambling on about life, fashion and all the things that pop into my mind. Starting a blog has been one of the best decision I've ever made and I'm grateful for the happiness it's brought into my life. I say that a lot but the blogging community is incredible and I'm extremely glad that I'm part of it. I have been thinking about writing this post for a long time because I wanted it to be special and personal. That's why I thought I would use the opportunity to share my favourite childhood memories with you along with some photos. Enjoy reading. x 


1. London

One of my happiest childhood memories is our first trip to London, a place I had wanted to visit for a very long time. I remember taking the Eurostar and arriving at King's Cross - the minute I exited the train I fell in love with the city and that feeling hasn't changed over the years. We stayed at a hotel at Russell Square (and stayed there every time when we visited the city) and I remember the first evening very well. We were all pretty hungry and decided to search for a nice restaurant. We didn't want to eat at the hotel restaurant though because we assumed that it would be overpriced. After walking around for a few minutes we finally found a really good looking pub where we had the best nachos in the world and some chips with gravy. So far so good. After eating I went to the bathroom and suddenly found out that the restaurant had a back entrance - that led directly into the lobby of our hotel. Long story short - we had walked around for 15 minutes to avoid eating at the hotel restaurant and ended up eating there anyway. Whenever we visit London we usually go this place to grab some nachos and to relive these memories. I also really enjoyed shopping at Oxford Circus & having dinner in China Town even though it was incredible spicy. I could go on and on about this trip, I had the time of life and enjoyed everything from the buzz of the city to the view over London when we went on the London Eye.




2. A birthday party at a castle

When I was little I loved having special birthday parties and we always did something like ice skating or roller blading and when I turned 11 we even got a carriage drawn by 2 horses. The birthday party I got the fondest memories of is the one that was held at a castle. When I turned 9 I was really into princesses, knights and castles - we were currently learning about that at school - so we booked a birthday party at a beautiful castle nearby. My mum and me made special invitations and party hats and I'd say that I invited at least half of my classmates. The party itself was amazing - we got a tour around the castle, got to make candles, were knighted and after visiting the castle we went to a café nearby and all had waffles together - perfect way to finish your birthday party, right?


3. Mallorca

Let's continue talking about holidays - when I was younger we visited Mallorca every single summer and up to this day I still consider it my happy place. We visited again in 2014 and it felt like coming home. Many memories are connected to Mallorca - I remember riding along the beach, exploring multiple different cities, going by boat and of course, spending endless hours at the beaches. One of my favourite days was the day we got to spend at a finca. My family and some of our relatives had the house to ourselves for the day and we went to Lidl, got some some food and had an amazing barbecue and spent the majority of the day by the pool. I liked staying at typical all-inclusive hotels when I was younger but spending a day at a finca in the nature was a really nice contrast.





4. Saturday Mornings

This seems quite random but my little brother and me had a very specific Saturday morning tradition. We got up very early (how did we even manage to do that?) and turned on the TV straight away to watch the morning programme for kids. The programmes were just the best - one was called Tabaluga ( which is about a little dragon), another one was a quiz for children that my brother and me loved to take part in and the other one was Karlsson-on-the-Roof (has anyone else watched/read this?). While we were watching TV our parents usually came back from the bakery bringing fresh rolls, croissants and pains au chocolat and we would all have a nice and long family breakfast. I would honestly get up at 8 am on a Saturday morning just to relive that.


5. Candy 

If you thought I was going to talk about sweets, I have to disappoint you. Candy is the pony I used to ride 3 times a week when I was younger. Horse riding was pretty much everything to me back than (and I still love it!). Candy and me had a special bond, he was a really naughty one but when I took him for a ride he behaved very well and often went faster than the tall horses - I didn't only ride him, I also did a join-up with him (if you've watched Heartland or are interested in Monty Roberts, you know what I'm talking about) and took long rides through the nature. And fed him and cleaned the stables of course. I basically enjoyed every minute we spent together but one day stands out: in December me and me friends did a show together, riding to Last Christmas and All I want for Christmas. Candy usually was pretty naughty at shows but at this one, he was extremely well-behaved and I couldn't have been prouder. 





6. Christmas '06

Speaking of Christmas - one of the best days of my life was Christmas Eve 2006. If you know me, you know that I'm a tiny (cough, cough) bit obsessed with Christmas so it shouldn't surprise you that it's amongst my favourite memories. I remember going to church and having an amazing Christmas dinner. But let's be honest, the best thing were the presents - I got a lot of stuff for my bunnies, including some jumps and a lead and I also got a Playmobil hospital, which made me extremely happy. I had always loved watching hospital series so I was excited to finally invent my 'own series' and to build a hospital from scratch. I also remember how much I loved the dress I was wearing - it made me feel like a princess. 



I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane!
What are your favourite childhood memories? Leave a comment below. x 




Labels:

35 36 37 38