01 02 03 113 things to say: Mother's Day | 10 reasons I admire my Mother 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mother's Day | 10 reasons I admire my Mother

34
It is Mother's Day on Sunday which means it's time to properly spoil our mothers and thank them for everything they have done for us. Which is a lot. I am incredible thankful to have a really supportive mum who is always on my side and who I can constantly rely on. I wouldn't know what do without her and even though I am currently travelling I have planned a little something for her and I very much hope that she'll like it. I love getting creative for Mother's Day and if you are in need of some inspiration then feel free to check out my Mother's Day Gift Guide that I published earlier this year, just before Mother's Day in the UK. My mother is an incredible woman who has always put her children first and today I thought I'd share a list that proves that. So here you go. x



1. When I was little I was a really ambitious child (although this hasn't changed a bit) and I always tried to finish my Math exercise book as fast as possible as you'd get a certificate for that. So instead of enjoying the holidays, my mother was sitting at the table with me solving Math problems - looking back I can definitely think of better ways to spend the holidays. Oh well. 

2. Warning: If you still believe in Santa skip this one! One year I had a specific doll on my wish list that I had seen in the small town my granny lives in. My mum tried everything to find that doll but without success. So instead she wrote me a really long letter 'from Santa' explaining that the little elves had trouble finding the doll but that there was another really lovely doll with blond hair they thought was perfect for me. After that lovely letter I couldn't be upset with the elves and I ended up getting another really pretty doll for Christmas that I called Charlotte.

3. As a child I loved to play 'moving house' and as you can imagine that involved making a huge chaos in my room, in the bathroom and well, in the entire house to be honest. But my mother never complained and always tidied up after me.

4. Whenever we visited London I always spent hours at the huge Topshop at Oxford Circus and despite being tired after an hour my mother always waited patiently on the sofa in the shoe section until I had finished shopping. 

5. My mother always made me favourite food when I came home after a class trip or a trip to my grandparents. Making my favourite food usually involved making bizarre combinations and as you can probably guess, plenty of pasta (one thing that hasn't changed). We also went to the same restaurant for many times in the row although I'm sure my mother would have preferred venturing out.

6. Traditions. I have always loved old traditions and my mother has been very supportive, making tons of Christmas cookies with me although I always made a huge mess and singing all those Easter songs with me.

7. One year we planned on doing a city trip in autumn and my mother let me choose the destination. I couldn't quite decide between London and Berlin though as I had never visited the capital of my own country but then I wanted to go to London whenever I had the opportunity. So in the end we split the holidays, travelled to Berlin first and spent the second half of our time in London. It was the probably the best holiday of my life and I'll never forget that.

8. When I was little my cousin and me always played 'fun fair' making our own carousels out of chairs and blankets and we always forced our family to take part in it. My mother went on all the attractions although I'm sure the 'Wild Chair' made her dizzy.

9. Here is a fact about me: I am not good at artsy stuff, I love being creative with words but if you give me a pair of scissors and some cardboard I'd rather pass. So whenever I had a presentation for school my mother would cut out all the pictures and stick them neatly to our poster. I think otherwise I would have gotten two points less every time.

10. Hiding eggs at 6 am. I think this is something most mothers do - on Easter Sunday my mother always got up at the crack of dawn to hide chocolate eggs in the garden so that we could start the Easter Egg Hunt after waking up. I don't think this is much of a sacrifice though because this year I got to hide eggs for the little boy I'm taking care of and I was completely in my element haha.

What proves that your mother is amazing? x

Related

Mother's Day | 5 personal presents


Labels:

35 36 37 38