01 02 03 113 things to say: Style Switch | Day & Night 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Style Switch | Day & Night

34


To many of us going out doesn't simply mean putting on a pair of trousers and leaving the house. No, instead we spend hours doing our hair, makeup and choosing our outfit. We just can't seem to find the perfect accessories, the perfect clutch and let's not even start talking about the perfect eyeliner wing or the perfect lip colour.
Although it can get stressful, I still love getting ready for a night out and usually turn it into a bit of a pamper session as well. But what if we don't have the time to get ready? Oh, the horror. I am sure we have all been in this situation - you got 100 things to do before a night out with your friends or you're going out straight after work. I can't be the only one who keeps transforming public bathrooms into my personal changing room. Inspired by this (not very comfortable) scenario I decided to dedicate an outfit post to it and voilĂ , here it is. I tried to find an outfit that worked both for day and night and that required only minimal changes so that you didn't have to go searching for a public bathroom - besides, there aren't always as clean as you'd want them to be (I am sure I am hearing a collective sigh).

For my day outfit I chose to wear a plain white top over a black crop top, my favourite faux leather skirt that you've probably seen a million times on this blog and black boots I got at River Island a few years ago. As it's springtime I decided to add some pastel colours with my light blue Topshop bag & my beige Stradivarius jacket. I bought it together with the grey top I featured in my last fashion post and I'm in love with it - it is so simple and chic and it's also perfect for warmer weather (although that might be wishful-thinking). To make my look more interesting I also added my favourite Topshop chain - you can never go wrong with a bit of gold. Changing from my day to my night look is incredible simple: all I did was taking off my white shirt (as I had the crop top underneath), adding a hat and a clutch and changing my boots for heels. This only takes two minutes and you could pretty much do that anywhere you like. The finished look is a really simple and yet elegant combination of beige, black and gold. If you don't want to bring many items to change you could ditch the heels and maybe wear flats from the beginning. Or you can just keep on the boots, I actually love them for parties. I also applied a bit of my beloved Topshop 'Hazard' lipstick and that's about it - the great thing about wearing a hat is that you don't even have to worry about your hair so this outfit isn't only practical for a night out, it also defeats a bad hair day. What else could you wish for?! I really like both looks and I'm sure I will use them for my next 'I don't have time to go home and change'-scenario. 

What do you think of these looks? Have you ever been in a similar situation? x











What I'm wearing

Day

Jacket & Top - Stradivarius
Skirt- Bershka
Chain & Bag - Topshop
Boots - River Island

Night

Crop Top - Topshop
Jacket - Stradivarius
Skirt - Bershka
Heels - Mango
Hat & Chain - Topshop
Clutch - Newlook

More fashion

Simplicity
Spring [ Forever 21 ] Lookbook

Labels:

35 36 37 38